Thursday, September 3, 2009

This and that...

I am on day four of my new "career" and I am adjusting fairly well. I know that I will have days that I want to get in the car and drive far away but so far it feels like I am on a big vacation. I keep thinking that I am supposed to be somewhere. Like I should be rushing and watching the clock but then I remember that nobody is waiting for me to be anywhere. The only place I am expected to be is with my kids. Not a bad feeling. I have been doing the regular cleaning, preparing meals, laundry, and then a few extra curicular activities.....
Reading every book that we have in the house,

Letting Mason discover new things and then paying for it dearly when I let him go a little too far. Let me just say that they are a lot of breakable and really messy things in a fridge.

"Approving" mistmatched outfits. The "negotiations" are not going so well. After trying to convince her on other options I finally sigh and stamped approved on 18 month old pink pants and an orange shirt.

Spending countless hours in the sandbox that daddy made for her.

"Helping" daddy with projects.


Learning to walk- I was thrilled that I was there when he did this for the first time!

Cleaning up one mess after another!

Playing princess

And kissing this face a million times!

It has been rough! Playing princess and giving kisses can really take it out of ya! It is a sacrifice that I am willing to make though. Yes, I am incredibly unselfish.


5 comments:

Our Busy and Chaotic Life said...

Enjoy! I think that I am really missing out on the princess play. Guess it is Demolition derby and rodeo for me!

Kat said...

I seriously love to read your blog...I just wish i could cut and paste it all into my own blogook, you say it all perfect! Except on the other hand your blog is one of those that makes me feel like crap...not in a bad way, in a good way for you because to me you are the perfect wife and mom, seriously andrea you are one of the best moms I know! Staying at home is definitely hard but such a blessing. You would think that we would see more of each other now that you are home...??? life is crazy right now! And could Mason look any cuter with his new haircut, I think not!

Erica said...

I'm happy to see that I'm not the only one who is mother to a 3-year-old who still likes to wear 18-month clothing ;o)

Grant and Candice said...

Congrats, I am so happy for you!There is no place I'd rather be. Although, let me admit there are days I'd like to go live on Mars. And for the record...Collin still insists on wearing his Nemo costume from the Halloween when he was 13 months old.

Kristy said...

I am so happy for you! It is the best. I don't know if you knew that I quit in April to stay home. It still feels wierd like I am expected to be there but it is nice not rushing everywhere any more ;o)