Monday, August 31, 2009

Hangin' it up!


I woke up this morning to silence- no alarm clock buzzing for the fifth time to finally shake me out of bed. 9:01 came and went and my phone stayed silent- no boss calling to find out why I wasn't at work yet. It was the first Monday morning in quite sometime that I sat down to eat breakfast with my family without having to calculate in my head how fast I had to shove my cereal down so I could beat the traffic up Redwood Road.
That's right- I am finally hanging it up. Calling it a day, throwin' in the towel, and any other cliched phrase you can think of. I quit. I am starting a new phase in my life- the full time mom stage. A stage that I have been praying for years to experience but now that it is here, I am completely nervous. I watch these perfect moms in my neighborhood get their visiting teaching done the first week of the month, scrapbook, cook, clean, sew and my excuse it always that I work and on my days off I just want to spend time with my kids. Well... my excuse is gone and if you think that I am going to wake up tomorrow as the new and improved Mary Poppins, you've got another thing coming. It is going to be really weird not working. From now on instead of being paid with paychecks and bonuses, I will be paid with bear hugs and wet kisses. Instead of approving loans, I will be approving treat choices and mismatched outfits. Instead of negotiating loan terms, I will be negotiating bedtimes. Instead of teaching people of finances and credit, I will be teaching ABC's and 123. I am starting to feel that I didn't quit a job to just stay home- I feel like I promoted up to a much bigger job. I am thrilled to spend time with my babies. I am aware of every moment that they grow and change and now I will be there for every second.

To my friends at work: As excited as I am to be at home, I will truly miss you. I keep telling Jake that as happy as I am, it broke my heart to lock that gate for the last time. It wouldn't be so hard if I didn't love you guys so much. I had a boss that would work with me no matter what kind of fiasco I had that day. I had friends that I got attached to so fast. I hope they don't become those friends that I lose contact with and never talk to- You guys mean more to me than to let that happen. Thank you, thank you, thank you. You will never know how much I enjoyed laughing with you every day.




7 comments:

Erica said...

Congrats, Ang! What an exciting time for you! :o)

Lindsey said...

I felt the same way when I had Cayden. It was so hard to leave, but you will love it! Being with your kids is the best! Congrats to you! You won't regret your decision!

CorayFam said...

I am WAY excited for you Andrea!! =)

Our Busy and Chaotic Life said...

Welcome to the Full time job of Motherhood. Yes you will find more things still to do in a day than you can accomplish! There is nothing better than being able to be there for your kids all the time. I love the freedom to help at school, grocery shop whenever, and most of all spend all day with them in our PJ's if we want! Congrats!

Melissa said...

Andrea, this is Anthony... I'm too sexy for my shirt.

Melissa said...

We also miss you... kinda....

Valerie Plowman said...

You will love it. I still remember that you always said you wanted to be a mom when you grew up. You will just love it. Although you might [will] have some housebound moments and such. At least your oldest can have conversations with you :)