Monday, March 16, 2009

Springs is here!!!

Spring is finally here and we have a nasty case of Spring fever that I am afraid that only sunshine, parks, picnics, and BBQ's can cure. On Saturday when we woke up and the sun was beaming outside our window we couldn't help ourselves but get out and enjoy it. Jake and I love Saturdays because it is the day that we get to spend together and just be us. It is with these feelings that I looked at my dirty dishes in the sink and messy counter tops and scoffed as I marched right out the door. I was determined not to be consumed by the fact that my house was not in perfect order and just enjoy the day with Jake and the kids. Below is some pictures of the medicine that we are on to cure our spring fever.


We bundled up Mason because I worried that it might still be a little chilly for him. Then I realized that he is just a chunky kid that he probably has more insulation than all of us. Look at those cheeks!

Jake showing Tylie how it is done. Notice the bag of sunflower seeds in his hand. I think he was enjoying being outside because he could eat his seeds without having to carry a "spit" cup with him. He truly is addicted!

Tylie about to go down the slide. Just look at her face- she couldn't be more thrilled to be outside.

BUBBLES!!! I have been saying no to bubbles for about 5 months now because it has been too cold. I finally was able to say yes!


And after all that, she wanted to help me make some treats for some friends that were coming over that night. She was helping me dip the strawberries and the next thing I knew, she just curled up and was asleep. I am not kidding when I say that she was asleep in less than a minute flat. That is one way I know that Tylie had a fun day.

4 comments:

Our Busy and Chaotic Life said...

Isn't it great when you can run their legs off and they sleep so good after! Sounds like you guys had fun! Gotta love the mess bubbles make. To bad they are so much fun.

Erica said...

What a fun day! I'm so glad it's finally warmed up around here...it feels so good! Your pictures are all so cute - I love them!

Valerie Plowman said...

I am so excited for warmth! We are having fun playing outside too. That is so cute how she fell asleep on the counter! That is funny.

Bobbie said...

That is so cute!! By the way I do not have you cell phone number and have been wanting to call you and tell you thank you so much for the treats! You made my day!!!!