Thursday, March 26, 2009

My Style

I have noticed lately in all of my "blog surfing" how many different reasons and purposes that people have for their blogs. There are the "event blogs", the "family reunion" blogs, the "my kids are cuter then your kids" blog, and the "I take pictures of those cute kids, so call me" blogs. You can advertise any sort of business you wish, show off how crafty you are ( or in my case, pitifully un-crafty), brag about luxurious vacations, or simply show a cute baby eating squash for the first time. I've seen blogs that help people mourn,celebrate, plan, and even reunite with loved ones they have been searching for. It is a world that I stand in amazement at as I see what new things everyone can come up with. As I immerse myself in this odd dimension of blog world I stop and think about what kind of purpose will my blog serve. My friend was over the other day and she showed me a hard bound book that she was able to create from all her blog entries and pictures from the last year. This had particular appeal to me because, as I stated before, I am terribly un-crafty and Jake has always wished I could dive into the scrapbook world and learn how to create elaborate pages of Tylie's first step and Mason's cute smiles. I have sort of resigned to the fact that I am never going to get into it so when I saw this book that she created on the computer it gave me hope. Hope that I could one day pull out a book and sit on the couch with Jake and laugh about all the funny things Tylie used to say and cry at all the milestones that I cherish and wish I could go back to. That is when it hit me. My blog is a journal. I do not want it to be a journal of day to day events and nothing more. Of course I want to be able to look back several years from now and remember how life was but more then anything else I want to remember how I feel at this time. I don't really care if I can see what I had for dinner or what store I went to but I want to remember particular experiences that I am having and lessons that I am learning. I want to remember how I felt when Mason giggled at me or when Tylie told me that I am the best mom in the world. I feel like I am having so many tender moments from my Father in Heaven and he speaks to me through my heart and I don't want to forget these things. I have already began working on turning my blog into a hard bound piece of history. I don't expect it to become a best seller or sell on ebay for hundreds of thousands one day. I can only hope that it will become a priceless possession to my children one day that no amount of money would be worth selling it for.

Sundee-These are for you. After spending some late nights painting, playing with cousins, and movies on grandma's floor- the remodel is almost complete. Jake's mom and dad have almost completely remodeled the first floor of their home and it looks great. I think that Tylie will be quite sad when it is all put back together because she enjoys these late night "parties" and that big empty room was the perfect room for any sort of activity she could think up.

Watching "Lion King" at midnight.


"Sleepover" with our favorite cousins. (We didn't really sleep over but that is what Tylie calls it whenever she gets her pajamas on anywhere but home.) Poor emma had a bad crash that scraped her face pretty bad but it is healing wonderful I hear with hopefully no permanent damage.


Preparing for paint


Tylie and Luke determined to get in everyone's way.


Blocking off the stairs to avoid spray-over from the paint.



4 comments:

Erica said...

Loved this post, Ang, and I can't wait to see your book when it's done!!

Our Busy and Chaotic Life said...

You have to share how you print your blog out into a book I would love to do this since I am so behind on my scrapbooking and would love these memories to.
By the way cute pictures of your kids. Tylie is getting so big and I can see so much of you in Mason!

sundeehancock said...

Andrea you are really an inspiration to me. Thank you for your blog and the pictures. They mean more to me than you will ever know. Can't wait to see you!

Kat said...

I LOVE to read your blog! You really are an amazing writer! I need to learn more from you and write more about how I feel and not worry so much about what people might think or say...problem is I don't write as good or interesting as you...I will work on that!=) Thanks for today at McDonalds, that was fun!=)