Sunday, March 29, 2009

One Request

The ever-elusive need for perfection is alive and well in this world. It seems to me that many of us are constantly striving to find the next best thing, the elite neighborhood, most luxurious car, and top end designer clothes. I experienced many times when people would where something the most of us would only consider around Halloween all because of the little tag the was affixed in the collar. The most absurd thing to me though is the way that people are striving to "fix" their bodies with plastic surgery and other means of human torture. I have often thought about this and what I would change if I had the chance. Most people want some doctor to suck the fat out or inject the botox in. They want the stomachs flatter, their lips puffier, their chest "perkier", and their face higher. I do not enjoy the doctor and would much rather live with my little problem areas then let a doctor go at me with those instruments that look more like they should be on an assembly line making cars instead of intricately laying in a surgery room. BUT..... I have decided that I would have one request. This is a request that I don't think any doctor could fulfill. It is something that I will have to talk to Heavenly Father about one day. I am certainly not claiming that He messed up on my body in any way but I just think that He could have added just one small thing that would make my life so much more convenient. I would like my hands to be absorbent. All you mothers out there.... Can you imagine the possibilities if your hands were even slightly sponge like. Wiping the ever flowing drool from a teething babies mouth (can you tell I am dealing with this right now), catching those little spills in the car when you are on your way somewhere and cannot figure out where that stack of McDonalds napkins went that you stashed in the glove compartment, giving the counter a quick wipe down as you are running out the door, and the list can go on and on. It is something that I just dream about. I understand there could be some hygiene issues that come along with this but it is something that I am willing to sit down and figure it out once I get to Heaven. Yup, I am happy with my body. I am happy with my hair color, my stretch-marked stomach, my front teeth that are just slightly different sizes due to my grinding at night (yes Jared, I am wearing my night guard) but oh what I wouldn't give to have a little bit of absorbency in my hands.
Just a quick update on our little garden. It is coming along great. Now if we could only get a little bit of sunshine so we could get them in the ground!

1 comment:

judd and ash said...

I completely agree...well, not that I am happy with my body, but the hand thing is an amazing idea... :)

I added you to my blogger buddy list cause you know it would be way too hard for me to walks across the street and see how you are doing, maybe if it ever warms up we will see eachother again...I am SO sick of winter!!!