Friday, October 16, 2009

Tylie has been patiently waiting for the fall for one reason alone- so she could go "appleing". My parents as well as my grandparents have these beautiful apple trees that were loaded with apples. It has been hard to explain to Tylie that we had to wait for the first frost because she wanted me to pin point a time and I could not. The waiting finally came to and end last weekend as she was able to pluck those juicy little treasures off the tree. Since then we have had apple pie, apple roasted pork roast, carmel apples, apple sundaes, and peanut butter and apple sandwiches. I am about "appled" out and I still have about 2 boxes full to the brim. I am planning a trip around the neighborhood to alleviate my pressure of trying to use them before they go bad. I had big plans to dry them and put them in food storage but I don't have a dehydrator and the oven way is too time consuming. If anyone has any suggestions of what to do with them, I would LOVE to hear it. Otherwise- I will probably show up at your door with apples and if you don't take them, I will sneak out at night and leave a burning bag of rotten apples on your doorstep, ring the door bell, and then stand back and snicker at you as you stomp it out. Thank you grandma and grandpa for allowing Tylie to live out her summer dream. We love the apples and we love to spend time with you.




No comments: