Friday, October 23, 2009

Stinking Pigs!!!

I swore off bacon, banned all ham from my fridge, and turned my nose up as I passed the pork chops in the grocery store. I have stayed away from farms and we purposefully avoided the pig barn at the state fair. Even with all my precautions my own poor little pigs got the swine flu this week. It started out with a small sore throat and blew into a raging fever last weekend. I was sitting in the germ infested instacare early saturday morning fully equipped with face masks only to have my worst fear realized. How is it possible that I avoided it when I was out of the home working with the general public but now that I am home more than ever- we got it? I will tell you how- stinking Thanksgiving Point and their cutesy little fair Cornbelly's. As much as I want to blame it on those grimy little sty living creatures we saw, I have a feeling that it was all the other little pigs running around coughing on everything and kindly leaving the germs to attack their next victim. I really want to get on a soap box and lecture on how stupid parents should not take their kids out (especially to a place that is crawling with immuno-deficient toddlers) if they are sick. BUT- I have to admit that I did not know that Tylie was getting sick and I am afraid that I passed it on to one of our cute neighbors. I have been so paranoid that poor Tylie has not left the house since Saturday until just yesterday I let her out for a walk. And now my little Mason has it. I am watching him closely but it seems to be a very mild case. So- I think that now since I have traveled this road and realized that I am not going to be losing my children any time soon, I will allow bacon back in the house. But if I hear of one more pig causing an uproar, I am going to issue and extermination order on all snot nosed, slop eating mongers!

2 comments:

Grant and Candice said...

So sorry to hear that they got that dang flu. We have basically not left the house for fear of my kids getting it. Hope they get better fast!

Erica said...

Poor kids! I heard that Tylie had gotten sick, but didn't know that Mason got it, too! Hope you guys are all on the mend soon!