Friday, June 26, 2009

I don't live in a home that is dripping in gold leaf and marble.
I live in a home that is filled with toys, dirty dishes, and peace.

I don't have the latest Chanel purse dangling gracefully from my arm for all to see.
I wear a baby on my hip and a three year old on my knee.

I don't get in my car and see a Cadillac symbol gleaming in the sun.
I get in my car and see bottles on the floor, wrappers in the console, and two car seats reflecting in the rear view mirror.

I don't pamper my face with the latest "mineral" makeup and "organic" face masks.
My face is pampered with butterfly kisses, mush spit back at me, and baby drool landing
conveinently in my mouth when it is opened at it widest.

Jake and I do not treat our selves to the latest broadway show or movie release.
We treat ourselves to nights at home on the couch with the best show of all- watching two kids bounce around the living room and wear themselves out until the crash in our arms.
I live in a world where war and terrorism are supreme.
I live in a bubble wear hugs and kisses are plentiful and dreaming never ceases.
I do not sit on sandy beaches far away in the carribean sun.
I sit in grassy parks close to home and close to my own bed.
I do not have people that follow me with cameras and beg for my autograph as I walk down the street.
I have a baby that lights up when he sees me after being away from him all day.
There is much in this world that I do not have and some would see as a shame.
There is much in this world that I do have that could never measure up to fame.

Do I pray to acquire all in this world that I am lacking? Never!
Do I pray for those who do not have what I do? Absolutely!

4 comments:

Celeste said...

AMAZING!!! Seriously, I love this soooo much! You are such a talented writer!!!! I LOVE your posts!

Erica said...

Love this post and that picture of your babies is ADORABLE!! :o)

Our Busy and Chaotic Life said...

That post made me cry. Your writing is amazing! That picture of your kids is priceless.

Thanks for your help the other day!

Kat said...

K stop, stop just stop! You are an amazing writer that just made me cry! This and your one telling them not to grow up. Seriously you have a way with words and I love reading them cause it is so much the same as I want to say and I don't know how to write it out and express it. So true!