Friday, May 8, 2009

5th Hancock member

Here at the Hancock household, we have a 5th member of the family living in our home and we didn't even know. We didn't know what she ate, where she slept, what she did to entertain herself, when she took a bath or if she even needed a bath. Nobody even knew she existed.... except Tylie. Tylie has had her around for a while now and we are adjusting quite nicely to this new addition to our family. Her name is "pink baby" and Tylie is the only one that can see her. She is only around at random times when tylie chooses. She likes to sleep a lot because tylie likes to make us whisper so we won't wake her up. She often "needs" a treat and Tylie "needs" one too because pink baby likes to share. It has been very entertaining to watch as Tylie goes through the phase of an invisible friend. At first it kind of freaked me out because she would be having random conversations with no one in the room and I could never figure out who she was talking to. When I would question her about what she was doing, she would just look at me and turn away like she didn't want to be bothered. As time has gone on though, I think that I realize that she is coping with things in her own way and I just need to step back and let her work it out. Mason is 7 months old now and my attention has been split in two. She can no longer grab my attention the second she wants it if I am with Mason. And as hard as I try to play with her, I realize that I just don't get to play with her as often as I used to. I understand that she is used to have attention and she is coping with it by creating someone that will never interrupt her, never get mad at her, and never leave her. Pink baby is there whenever Tylie feels like she needs to be and I guess that is ok. Pink baby will disappear in time and Ty will never talk to her again so I hope that I can remember that she is three and let her have her fun while it lasts. After all, pink baby never makes messes (at least ones that I can see), she never leaves dirty dishes in the sink, and she never whines or cries. I think that this is one family member that I can handle!













Was Mason even wearing a diaper when this explosion happened??? If I hadn't been there myself I probably would not have believed it but I was, and yes, he was. All I can say is I hope that the kid feels better!




I have this totally adorable bed that we got for Tylie right before Mason was born but since we got her a new bed, we don't know what to do with this one. We got it at Ikea and it is like brand new. We paid over 200 for it but we are willing to get rid of everything ( bed, matress, bedding, throw pillows) for $75. The matress is not a regualr matress. It sits a lot lower that a usual one. We did that because we were worried that she would roll out and this had some decorative bars in front that would stop her. If anyone is interested please let me know.


We also have this cute kitchen that is in great condition but just don't have need or room for it any more. We will give this to who ever wants it!

2 comments:

Celeste said...

Hey -- I've been looking for a bed for Cambry -- maybe we can trade? I'll take your pics for free for the bed? Let me know -- if not, I totally understand. No biggie.

Our Busy and Chaotic Life said...

Ang- I would love the kitchen. Let me know what you want for it if you still have it. I am starting to collect for my toyroom for a preschool if I open one in a year or two! Let me know.