Monday, April 13, 2009

Sneaky Bunny!

I have not yet mastered the art of sneakiness needed to successfully pull off the Easter Bunny and Santa Clause. I admit that I have been somewhat lazy and have taken advantage of the fact that my kids do not recognize a bag full of basket stuffers mixed in with all the groceries. Last week I forgot that I had left a bag full of "stuffers" sitting on the kitchen table while I was cooking dinner. Tylie decided that she needed to color and coincidently climbed up to the table only to find a that bag full of brightly colored packages. She took out a bunny pen that I had gotten her and proudly showed me what she had found. "DANG IT!" is all I could think, "why didn't I hide those when I had the chance?" Well, true to Tylie fashion, she had quickly put the pen down and was off to the next great thing. I grabbed the bag of goodies, pen and all, and raced up the stairs hoping that I could hide this and she would forget all about it until Sunday morning. While we were eating dinner, she casually asked me where her "crayon" went. At this point, I should have given up and just given it to her, but I was naive and thought that a simple explanation would suffice.
"The Easter Bunny came and took it", I told her.
Tylie: "Oh! That naughty bunny. He needs to bring my crayon back."
Me: "Maybe if you are a good girl this week, he will put it in your basket."
Ty: "Mom, where does the easter bunny live?"

I know what you are thinking. GIVE IT UP!! GIVE IT UP!! I really should have but like and idiot I just kept on going.

Me: "He lives in the mountains in a hole."
Ty: "Does he live by aunt Brittany?"
Me: "Sure, far far away."

She continued to push me for every detail and I just kept giving them to her. Before I knew it, I was dialing the phone to call aunt brittany so she could go crawl in the easter bunny's hole and tell him to give Tylie her crayon back. These phone calls continued every night until Saturday night when she decided that aunt brittany was no longer good enough and she needed to go right to the source. She instructed me to get the easter bunny on the phone so she can make sure that the crayon is in her basket. I thought this was hilarious and since I was already in this deep, why not let her imagination run wild? I am left to wonder who I would call. Who sounds most like the easter bunny? Who is good enough to get her to believe that they are a giant rabbit that lays chocolate eggs and has a solid diet of "peeps" year round. I turned to rick (britt's husband) and handed the phone to Tylie not really knowing what to expect. I heard Rick diligently trying to alter his voice in convincing tylie that he the the world's greatest bunny. "Is that the easter bunny, ty?" I asked her. She shook her head and said "No, it's rick!" Oh Geez! I quickly grabbed the phone and then Brittany wanted to give it a go. Well, I guess Britt just makes a convincing fluffy bunny because Tylie believed everyword of it! So, to sum up the story- The Easter Bunny lives by Rick and Britt in the mountains in the hole. Rick crawled in the hole to talk to him and rick is his friend. The Easter Bunny goes to BooBoo's house and he is going to go swimming with us in may when we go visit Vegas. Wow!!! All you lucky people in Vegas did not realize the wonderland that you were living in.
Easter was a blast. We had a solid week of dying eggs, decorating and delivering cookies, hunting out eggs, digging through baskets, and talking to the easter bunny on the phone. I am completely worn out and I will forever hold the memories from this easter but I am glad I have a solid year before I have to do it all over again.



Delivering cookies on a gorgeus sunny day!


Tylie is helping me cut the cookies out






Dying eggs

Basket full of loot!


my adorable children




The infamous "crayon."














After all the festivities, we all felt like this!

5 comments:

Erica said...

I had NO IDEA that's where the Easter Bunny lived! Now I know in case my kids ever ask! ;o) That story was hilarious! I'm glad Tylie got her "crayon" in the end - definitely a successful Easter for you guys! :o) Love their outfits, btw

Grant and Candice said...

That story is hilarious! Cute Cute kids!

Kristy said...

Holy smokes you are hilarious!! Rick and Brittany are pretty lucky to be friends with the Easter Bunny ...

Bobbie said...

Hey stalker friend... did you see the she had her baby!!!!

Kat said...

Hey email me those cookie pictures so I have your email and can send you an invite to my blog.