Sunday, April 5, 2009

Conference Weekend

To me Conference weekend has always been a time of inspiration, spiritual revival, and good food! This weekend did not let me down and I truly enjoyed spending time with family and feeling a renewal. After my last post I am sure you could tell that I needed something uplifting and this weekend definately provided me with the "upswing" that I was looking for. On Saturday, while the boys were at Priesthood meeting, I attended a shower for my cousin that is getting married. It was such a blast to see my cousins that I rarely get to see and catch up with them. The good conversation was also accompanied by my grandma's great food. When the women and men were finally able to join up once again we held strong to that awesome Mormon tradition and had ice cream sundaes!
Sunday morning was nothing short of bliss as we woke up late, ate breakfast late, and wandered on down to our basement to watch conference in our sweats. Well, at least I was in my sweats but anyone that knows Jake understand that he was completely dressed for the day in a button down shirt, hair gelled and shoes on. It was amazing to me how much I was able to feel the spirit pour out of the TV as the apostles spoke. One particular talk that had me completely captivated was the talk by Elder Holland regarding feeling alone and how our Savior must have felt in that last week of his life. I sat there glued to the TV with tears streaming down my face as I made a new resolve that I will do my part in making sure that my Savior will never feel "alone" again. I think that talk hit me so hard because of the way I had been feeling just a few nights before. I admit that I felt very sheepish for feeling such despair over one bad day after remembering all that my Savior had went through. As Elder Holland finish his talk and walked away from the stand all I could do was sigh wishing that he would go on longer. I can't wait for that talk to come out in the Ensign so it can sit at my bedside available whenever I want to pick it up.
Jake's birthday is on Tuesday and so my mom had us up to her house for his "birthday" dinner and all the fun that goes with it. My mom is the most "people pleasing" person I know so it is no surprise that she made sure to have Jake's favorite stew and breadsticks waiting for us when we arrived. After all this, here I sit at the computer, recounting all that happened and I feel so grateful for all that I have. I feel that maybe I was supposed to have a bad day this week to make me more aware of the potency of the talks that were given this weekend. There isn't a better way to learn a lesson then when you are truly humble and searching for peace. I feel renewed and ready to take on a new week. I am ready to go to work tomorrow and laugh about what happened on friday. I am ready to pick up the pieces and move on. I am ready to say "Come what may and LOVE it!"


Isn't my little "fatty" the cutest!?


Tylie made sure to let Daddy know that he didn't need to worry about the candles because she would "help" him.

Tylie and grandma about to light Jake's birthday pie on fire!

Mason and Jake in their first wrestling match!

Mason and Daddy!

My mom and aunt Julie- the masters of the beautiful quilt that was given to my cousin.

Tylie is learning the art of quliting young.

The kids and my mom got bored and ended up playing under the quilt. I had to post this picture just for my mom's face- it is hilarious. I told you Christella that I would!

The ever embarassing game of tying to bows in her hair just to have the "man" kiss them out!

Mason was also enjoying some of that great food that I was talking about.








1 comment:

Erica said...

I loved Elder Holland's talk, too! It was amazing. It was so fun to see you guys at Liz's shower on Saturday! And Happy Birthday to Jake tomorrow! Love you guys :o)