Friday, July 15, 2011

Overwhelmed

I don't have a medical degree. I left that up to my brother and sister. I don't know anything about how to properly insert an IV or how to take an X-Ray. But there are a few very basic truths I do know. I know when your skin is cut and you start bleeding special blood cells and platelets rush to the source and stop the flow.
This is how I have felt this week. Although my injuries were not physically visible, I felt very much wounded. I felt as though there was a flow that, no matter how many tears I bathed my wounds in, the bleeding could not be plugged.
I am so grateful for the army that came rushing to my aid. This is the army Heavenly Father has assembled and they sit on the sidelines waiting for the alarm to sound. All it took was one small post on facebook for me to sound my alarm and they came rushing in without hesitation.
So, to that army who has unceasingly helped me and my family this week. Thank you for all the calls, texts, meals, books, toys, mowed lawns, frozen pizzas, and medical aid. Thank you for whisking my kids away and helping them adjust to this new way of life. They still think this is the best week of their lives. Thank you for letting me cry while I tried to wrap my head around what was happening. I have often felt guilty this week because it all seems too much. But I needed every bit of it. It is such a comfort to feel your hands of support on my back as I walk down this unknown road.
Thank you for investing so much time to us this past week. I hope that is exactly what it is- an investment. One day my road will become smooth again and I will be back in the ranks with you. I will anxiously await for an alarm to sound and when it does, I will respond without hesitation. I will work unceasingly until I have made you feel the love that I have felt this week. Until that time comes, please accept my simple thank you. Your love is not going unnoticed.

1 comment:

Kristy said...

Hope things go smoothly for you, bed rest can not be easy. Just remember that it is not your fault this happened. And while being a mother your first reaction is guilt and anger at yourself that you are not perfect don't ever think that you are less than the best mother that your family needs. You may not know why you have to endure this trial but Heavenly Father is on your side :)