Friday, July 29, 2011

A good day

I went to the doctor's yesterday for my weekly appointment. I am pleased to report that everything is good. No progress has happened and the baby is still tucked comfortably inside my bulging belly. It was a good day.







There was a moment though, while I was there, that I didn't know if I should laugh or cry. I was having an ultrasound done to find out certain measurements to ensure nothing has progressed. I have had this done several times now and every time the baby is in the way and the poor ultrasound tech has to push him out of the way. Yesterday was no different. He was in the way and she began to try to push him out of the way. He was being obstinate and with each minute that went by, she pushed harder and harder. She kept apologizing profusely and I kept assuring her that I was fine. After a while though, it began to hurt. I could feel her pushing on my sciatic nerve. Finally, she just started to laugh. "You have got to see this," she said. She moved the ultrasound picture high up on my stomach and pointed to the screen. She did this as she continued to push on the baby. "Look!" I would not have believed it if I didn't see it myself. The baby had both feet pinned against my uterus wall and was pushing back! "I don't see this very often," she told me, "Sometimes I can't move them because they are too big but it rarely happens that they fight me like he is." I didn't know if I should laugh or cry. Please tell me that this is not a precursor to his personality. I have been telling myself this baby will be mild and create a middle ground between Tylie and Mason. Now I am worried. I hope that he doesn't make Mason look like a kitty cat. I guess we will find out.


Right now he is good. He is not causing too many problems other than kicking me in the bladder far too often. He is a little too anxious to come but he is obeying for now and for that I am grateful.

I have said over and over that this one needs a little spunk to defend himself from Mason. Now I am concerned that the tables will turn and Mason will be the one defending. Or maybe the baby was just having a bad day yesterday and was tired of being prodded around. Yes, that's it. It was just a bad day. My mild little one will come. I am sure of it!


Here are a few pics from my one of my last outing before I got put on bedrest. Fourth of July. We were able to get a parade and BBQ in. Loved it!









1 comment:

Our Busy and Chaotic Life said...

Trust me, you want him to have a strong willed personality. It is just figuring out as a parent how to be stronger,smarter and quicker. Sadly this doesn't always happen. Case in point Garrison and Mason, but they keep life interesting!