Sunday, January 31, 2010

Pressure

I have been feeling this immense pressure lately to update this blog. I ignored while I was finishing up my blog book for last year but now that project is completed I have been racking my brain with what to ramble about. I have been running every morning lately and running has a way of clearing your mind and making everything very clear. The thing that has been made most clear to me lately is that my life is pretty boring and uneventful lately. As I watch the seconds tick away on my tread mill I find myself slipping away. I let my mind wander through the days and weeks that have past for any little tidbit that might be humorous or enlightening. I ponder the miles away only to come up with blanks. I got nothin! No funny things that Tylie has done, no story about Mason's latest rampage through the house, no stupid stories about me falling flat on my face in the middle of a crowded parking lot, NOTHING! The weather has kept us cooped up in the house and the walls are closing in more every day. I crave the sunshine, the warm air, the long summer days. I love to get in my car, crank up my heated seats, turn the heater at sweltering heat, and recline my seat. I like to pretend that I am lying on a beach and I can feel the heat radiating off the sand. It is a real disappointment to open my eyes and see the dash thermometer read in the thirties. I will survive but I am afraid that people in blog land will have to go into survival mode with me. I promise lots of entertaining blogs when the sun comes out. They will be full of sprinkler parties, trips to Cali (Grant and Candice, Steve and Tanya- it is a plan- please do not bail. I don't think my heart can take it!), marathons, and fireworks. If the drought of entertaining news goes on too long, I promise to subject myself to some horrible disaster in a very public place so you can all laugh at what an idiot I am. Normally I would not intentionally subject myself to such humiliation but for the good of the blog I will. I will take one for the team. Besides, it would be a nice change to the mundane mess that I have now. I wish that the weather would change like it does on that show "Planet Earth." When ice melts in seconds and deserts dry before your eyes. Oh well- I will just keep praying to have the strength to accept the things I cannot change. sigh.

3 comments:

Erica said...

You could write about watching paint dry on a wall and I would read it. YOU are that entertaining and such an excellent writer. Don't stop just because life seems to be at a standstill!

Grant and Candice said...

We are for sure in. Can't wait! Grant said that at dinner you mentioned giving Tanya a shower. Do you need help? I would totally be willing to help if you want.

Valerie Plowman said...

Hey, I sent you an email a little bit ago. Did you get it?