Monday, July 6, 2009

Swine Flu

With this recent outbreak of Swine Flu, I have been, to put it mildly, absolutely terrified that I might pick it up and bring it home to my babies. I work with money every day and, if you have had a job where you handle money regularly, you will understand what I am saying when I say money is disgusting. It never fails that as the summer months approach that I will get some burley man come romping up to my window at work. He is sweating profusely and all he has is his giant XXXL t-shirt to wipe the sweat away. He has every sort of sweat line showing through his clothes and for some reason, these guys just can't find a reason to carry a wallet. They sit and complain about the heat as they dig around in their pocket only to pull out a wad of cash that is as wet as their greasy sweaty forehead. They expect me to leap for joy and grab that wad of cash as if it was the last dollar bill on earth. They are just so proud of themselves because they remembered to stop at the bank on their way home and now their wives won't kill them for not making the deposit when they walk through the door. They don't realize that I am sitting across from them, holding my breath to stop the stench and slowly inching toward my garbage can incase I lose it mid transaction. It is people like this that make me scared of the swine flu because they think that they got it and survived so "let's go spread it around and see how many more of you are tough enough to take it!" I get so frustrated with people and so that it why I have been extra cautious. You can only imagine my horror when last thursday my mom called me and told me that my little brother had tested positive for the swine flu and would be staying at her house until he got better. I have not gone to her house since that phone call but I am afraid that I am losing the battle. Luckily, the swine flu has spared my children but I think we still have a nasty case in our house.
Our TOY ROOM!
I probably wouldn't have picked up on this but the symptoms are severe enough that it is the only explanation I can think of. The stupid thing just keeps throwing up every time I turn my back. I have tried all the rememdies that I can think of but nothing has cured it yet. I clean up the mess in the morning and then when I come down in the afternoon, it has hurled all over again. And this thing does not mess around! When it blows, it goes everywhere. I have even found remanents of it in my living room, my office, and on my stairs. I have tried to stop feeding it toys and even remove toys that are no longer used but to no avail. The strangest part is that it only gets sick when tylie is around. It grumbles a bit when Mason is there but I really notice the upset when Ty is in there. I don't know what to do. I don't think the prescribe TamiFlu for inanimate objects. Maybe it isn't swine flu after all. Maybe my toy room is just allergic to Tylie.

2 comments:

Our Busy and Chaotic Life said...

Cute post! I heard about your brother. Hope he gets feeling better soon. My mom said he was really sick.

Erica said...

That is hilarious about your toy room! I must say that mine has the same symptoms!! :o)