Monday, November 3, 2008

Wonderful grandparents
















I would like to take a few moments and pay homage to the wonderful grandparents in my children's lives. My Grandma and Grandpa Barfuss were up at my mom's the other day and Tylie somehow convinced them to play this silly game with her. They would balance a plastic plate on their head and then flip it off all together. It is a wonder why but Tylie thought that this was hilarious and just did it over and over again. I just laughed because only grandparents would play this game as long as they did and, on top of that, allow a picture to be taken so the moment would never be forgotten.





As I was driving home that night, I started to think to myself about how lucky Tylie and Mason are to have so many grandparents in their lives. All together, they have about 10 grandparents that are still alive. They have all made an effort to have a relationship with my kids and I hope that Tylie and Mason remember the time that they have with them. I know that many of their grandparents will never read this but I truly hope they know how much I appreciate all that they do for my kids. Thank you to Grandma and Grandpa Barfuss for all the special cards and never missing an important event. Thank you to Grandma Hancock for taking time to come visit at the hospital and our home. Out of so many grandchildren, you took time on your vacation to come see us and that means a lot. Thank you to Grandma and Grandpa Woodbury for tolerating Tylie's constant jabber when you come to visit, even when I know it gets old quickly. And finally, how can I say thank you enough to my and Jake's parents. Jake's mom has the patience of Job when it comes to grandkids and Jake's dad doesn't think twice about getting down with the kids and rolling around with them and becoming a human jungle gym. I am so grateful to my mom and her willingness to take the kids for me whenever something comes up. I think that she and tylie were made out of the same mold because they are attached at the hip and it is a stuggle to break them apart whenever we need to go home. Tylie has a special bond with her that it hard to deny. And my dad.... it has become a tradition that every time we leave their house, he carries out tylie and puts her in her car seat. Then he will stand there and jump up and down for tylie waving goodbye until we are out of sight. This has to happen or tylie thinks that something is wrong in the world because papa was not there for her. I know that it seems like a small thing but he will never know how much I love that. It will be forever impressed on my mind of him standing in the driveway, smiling as we drive away. I am so grateful for the lessons that they have all taugt me and now are teaching my children. I hope that I can always remember what a blessing it is to have them involved in our lives.

1 comment:

Grandma Sally said...

It's easy to be a wonderful grandparent when we have so many wonderful, gracious grandchildren and such darling, smart great-grandchildren. We love to be with you!