Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Back to the hospital I go

I just had a baby a little over a week ago which I am absolutely thrilled about but if you know anything about giving birth to a baby, you know that they poke and prod you at every angle possible in the hospital during and after the birth. As I was in labor this time, I felt like a lab rat because I had needles, tubes, and machines surrounding me monitoring every movement me or Mason made. I was so relieved when they finally took all those tubes and needles out. I felt human again. Well..... with all of that said, I guess I didn't get enough of tubes and needles because I am headed back to the hospital for surgery now. A week before I had Mason, I woke up with an excruciating pain and thought it was labor although the pain seemed higher on my stomach then I remember contractions being. I rushed to the hospital but when I got there, the pain had faded and they just looked at my like I was crazy and sent me home. I felt like a real idiot because I never wanted to be that woman that thought every minor pain meant labor and would rush to the hospital. Anyway, a few days after we got home from the hospital I woke up with the same excruciating pain and since Mason was sleeping soundly in his crib, I was pretty sure that it wasn't labor this time and something was wrong. To be honest, this pain far outweighed labor pains. I kept telling Jake that I would rather be in labor the deal with this pain. At least I got a baby out of the labor pain. Once again the pain faded but I had to figure out what this was because I couldn't deal with these attacks on a regular basis. I went to the doctor's and found out that I have multiple gall bladder stones and have to have my gall bladder out. I am not exactly thrilled about this but at least I know what it is and can get it taken care of. So, wish me luck. I am headed back to get poked and prodded a few more times and then hopefully I will be done for quite a while.

6 comments:

Lindsey said...

Oh Andrea! I had my gall bladder out last August, and it is much easier than you'll expect. The pains far out weigh the surgery pains. After 2 days I felt pretty good again! Call me if you have any other questions! Good Luck!
Lindsey

Erica said...

Yuck, Ang! Good luck with the surgery - we'll keep you in our prayers! Let us know how it goes! We love you :o)

Melanie S. said...

Congratulations on that cute little boy, and good luck with the surgery. What an emotional week!

Valerie Plowman said...

Oh my goodness! Good luck! That sounds aweful!

Grandma Sally said...

Ang, we are so sorry that you have another challenge to face, but we're glad that they have found out what the problem is. We'll be anxious to know when you'll be going in again. Just know that Grandpa and I remember you daily in our prayers and we keep your name on the prayer roll in the temple. We love you and we love your sweet babies.
Love,
Grandma

Grant and Candice said...

Well at least I found your blog so I can see you new little guy. He is adorable! Grant doesn't tell my anything and so I just recently found out that you had even had him but didn't get any of the details. I am so glad he is here safe and sound...Congratulations!