Tuesday, March 18, 2008

My New/Old Job

Due to the recent economy disaster the nation is going through, real estate has taken a dive and Jake and I have abandoned ship along with thousands of other agents across this great nation. I am maintaining my license so I can still do buisness if it ever presents itself but we are no longer going to make that our main career. Soooo, since Jake does not graduate until August, I started back at good old America First Credit Union as a loan officer. It is quite a strange thing working at a place, quitting, and then returning to the same job several years later. Many things change but many things stay the same. I was in a very different time of life when I last worked there. Jake and I had only been married for 6 months, Tylie was only a figment of my imagination, and I was still very immature and learning what it was like to be a responsible, married adult. Since I have returned, I have seen many of my old co-workers that I was very close to. They all ask me how "married" life is treating me as if I am still a newly wed. They all ask if Jake has decided on a major as if he just started school and is still trying to figure out what to do in life. It is surreal because I feel like I step into a time capsule each day I go to work. I love what I do and I wouldn't choose to be anywhere else but I can't help but step into my old life. It is a strange phenomenon that I am trying to get used to but I am hoping with time a I can place a new stamp of my new life. The life that I am 5 years older, 4 years into marriage, a happy mom of an adorable daughter, and much more experienced on the world. But then again, I won't take what I have for granted. Not everyone gets to step in a time capsule and go back 4 years in time. Maybe I will just enjoy it while it lasts.

2 comments:

Grandma Sally said...

Andrea,
I love the way you make the best of every situation. You are so fortunate to have prepared yourself with job skills so that you can step back into a job so easily. I'm sure America First is delighted to have you back.
You have come so far and made so much progress in those 5 shortyears. You are still on the right path and will be grateful for all the wonderful blessings that you have, especially your sweet Tylie and her daddy.
We love you,
Grandma

MoM Hancock said...

Hey Andrea I love this blog of yours. You express your thought so well. You are a great writer never think that Jacob outshines you. This is stuff straight from your heart and I love reading it. I know that going back to work isn't easy, everyday it comes with new challanges but we are all here to help you. Thats what families are for. Keep writing Love Mom Hancock