Monday, January 28, 2008

"Mom, Tickle back"

I think that I have created a vicious cycle. Ever since I have been married, I have often begged Jake to tickle my back. I have never been one that likes the "deep tissue massage". It hurts to much and is simply not relaxing. As I was growing up, my mom would tickle my back and arms when we were just hanging out watching TV or sitting in church. I didn't realize how much I loved it until I got married and moved away. Since becoming a mom, I have found myself tickling Tylie's back and I didn't even realize I was doing it. Tylie has started waking up at night from nightmares and I has been calling me in to comfort her this last week. A couple of nights ago, as I was stroking her hair trying to get her to go back to sleep, she flipped over on her tummy and whispered "mom, tickle back". As I giggled to myself in the dark, I wondered what I have done. I am afraid that I have doomed some little boy out there that will one day marry tylie. He does not know the cycle that I have created but one day soon after his wedding day, he will be lying in bed and Tylie will flip over and whisper "Honey, tickle back".

1 comment:

Grandma Sally said...

Hi Ang,
I love your blog. Yes, we are all addicted to back tickles. It doesn't take long to get hooked.
Love ya,
Grandma Sally