Thursday, January 26, 2012

Choocack

Choocack. Yup. Choocack. Say it just like it's spelled.
It is 2 for 2 now with my kids. It seems that whenever I have a baby my children come up with imaginary friends. I guess it is just their way of coping with the dramatic change. With Tylie it was "pink baby" that appeared. Now with Mason it is "Choocack". He showed up about 2 months ago. It took me some time to figure out but now I am really enjoying our new friend. He gives Mason someone to talk to when I am feeding Cade. He love to eat breakfast with Mason in the morning. He enjoys long naps with Mason in the afternoon and makes it easy for mom to sneak out because choocack is there so Mason doesn't feel alone. He also likes to get into a lot of mischief with Mason. Whenever there is a huge crash and I go rushing into the room, it is always choocack's fault. That darn choocack likes to rip toilet paper off the rolls, dump a gallon of milk off the table, throw toys at Cade, and sneak treats out of the pantry. He is definitely much more trouble than pink baby ever was. I have enjoyed having him around though. I remember when pink baby left and never came back. It was a sad day for me. I just try to make choocack feel comfortable until he feels like it is his time to leave. And then I will anxiously await for Cade's "friend" to show up. It is times like this that I really love to be a mom.

1 comment:

Kristy said...

That is awesome! I had an imaginary friend named Penolope. It was a cat that lived in my pocket. The things kids come up with. As long as they are happy I guess :)