Tuesday, December 6, 2011

It's time


My six week sabbatical is up. I am healed from Cade's delivery and I have no more excuses. For weeks I have looked solemnly into the mirror at my five double chins but could do nothing about it. With my other two pregnancies, the weight seemingly melted off after delivery. With this one, however, it is clinging to me like a fat kid clings to a Twinkie. I weigh myself every morning but the scale has not budged. I even began to question if it was working properly until I put Tylie on it and realized it worked just fine. So...with all that said, I made a choice a few days ago. I got my fat butt off the couch, put the Butterfingers down and strapped on the ole' running shoes. I turned on the treadmill and after a few creaks and complaints of not being used for months, we became good friends again. It felt good to run again. It felt good to push myself (even if it was only for three miles!). It just felt good to be able to move! I am going to do another 1/2 marathon with my sister in June. I better get moving. I can't wait to get the extra poundage off that I am carrying around. I don't want it to seem like I am complaining to much though. I am happy to be a mama again. I just want to be a smaller mama than I am now. But, no matter what, this is what I got out of it.


It is worth it, even the 5 extra chins!

1 comment:

Erica said...

I love how you said "just three miles." THAT'S a half marathon to me! ;o) Good luck training - you'll do great!