Monday, April 5, 2010

Jake and Tylie have long shared a favorite food. It is not unusual for me to walk into my kitchen and catch them sitting at the table together having a snack. Without fail the snack consists of glass of milk, slices of cheese, and a bottle of pepperocini peppers. I am a wuss when it comes to hot food so that is a snack that I am happy to leave them to. I have always wondered why Tylie likes these. I used to think that she would eat them because she liked to have the special time with Jake and she wanted to prove to him that she was tough. After several times of her asking for them herself, without Jake around, made me realize that she really did love them. It just is not something that most kids would love so it is a little peculiar. Then came the real shocker. Jake loves V-8 juice. My kids have always eaten tomatoes like they were some sort of fruit so I thought I would let them try some V8 and see what they think. When they drank it like it was water, I figured I could safely buy a bottle and not worry about it going to waste. They love it and will choose it over any juice that I have. The Easter bunny is pretty smart and in the midst of all the candy in their baskets, lay cans of V8. When Tylie found her basket the, marshmallow bunnys and jelly beans were quickly set aside and she went straight for the V8. Mason immediately brought me a can and was insistent that I open it right away. This morning when Tylie asked for a snack I told her that she could go pick one treat out of her basket. To my shock, she brought me her last can to pop open. I am glad that they like something that is so healthy for them. I am amazed that candy has taken a back seat to a vegetable drink. And I am thankful that the my children are getting one serving of vegetables in every can! Hope you all had a great Easter. We sure did!









3 comments:

michael. mindy. dane. said...

Impressive! Your kids are SO stinkin cute!

Erica said...

Such cute pictures! We need to have playdates more often...maybe Tylie and Mason will get my kids to drink V8, too :o)

CorayFam said...

Looks like a GREAT Easter!!! =) Way cute pictures...you always write great posts!